Saturday, October 19, 2013

What's Going On?

Here's something that happens all too often.  So far this year, three times, I believe.  

I'll be shuffling along at my usual old man's pace and I'll see a car stopped at a stop sign on a side street a block or two blocks away.  

I keep shuffling.  

The car doesn't move.

I can guarantee one thing, however.  As soon as I get just about in front of the car, it will move forward.  Until then, the driver is completely unaware of me, or of anything else as far as I know.

Because of my experience in these matters, I've avoided being hurt, mainly because I turn and go around the car.  Or I would if it just stayed put.  It never does, though.  It invariably takes off when I get there.

So the question is, what's the driver doing until I arrive?  If I were paranoid, I'd think he was waiting for me, but I'm not paranoid.  What does that leave?  Texting?  Talking on the phone?  Daydreaming?  Napping?

I don't know, but today there happened to be a car coming in my direction down the street I was on.  I thought sure there was going to be a collision, but the driver on the cross street woke up or quit texting in time to stop the car.  I went on around and on my shuffling way.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

You have a jogging blog? Are there no limits to your interests?

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Surveillance. You are being tracked by government agents who need you to get close so they can confirm your identity.